free website stats program Brake Pad Brands (What's your choice?) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Pad Brands (What's your choice?)

Thanks for the feed back Glider. I have read elsewere though about wet weather and the Lyndalls not stopping the best. I will call them.

Well Kemo.....are you gonna keep the name of those $20.00 pads a secret, or are ya gonna share with yer buds????
A cheap skate, er I mean thrifty person, like myself could maybe use some of those!!!
What's the brand, and where do you buy them?

I got these pads online from Brake Planet. I have been looking on their site and I don't see m/c pads any longer. They have an 1 800 number that you can call to see if they have discontinued motor cycle pads. I swear that they have been the best brake pads that I have ever used.

LOL. Yeah, that's my luck. They were probably too good!!
I'll check their site out. Thanks.

I talked with Paul at Lyndall today and he is sending me out a new set of pads. He said that they had trouble with pads in the rain but that was a couple of years back and they had put some cuts in the pads to squeegy the water off. Very nice people to deal with like Glider said they do stand behind their product.

I have allways been a company man. Leave that said, I have never worked for Harley Davidson. I've worked for Porsche, Volkswagen, and Delta Airlines. The Manufacture of a machine most likely has the best brakes for the job. These engineers, do a lot of testing and in my opinion have the best solution. I will have to go with origional equipment.

Is there much difference between the Lyndall, and say, EBC sintered? This is my first year with my Heritage, and I love it.....but the brakes?? My last ride was a kawi mean streak 1600, and I got used to having brakes, so I bought the EBCs, then I find this thread. Snows 4 ft high here, so I can't test em. Worth switching? Or thinkin might be worth my time to get the nissin 6 piston caliper? I've been known to do dumb things occasionally when I ride,,, brakes are good.

Is there much difference between the Lyndall, and say, EBC sintered? d.

I can't say how the EBC would be on a Bike but I have tried EBC on 2 Cage projects in the past. They were the worse pads I have ever used. Paid through the nose for the pads. Tried both their Street and Street/Track pads and both had tremendous dusting and wore out in no time. You may have better luck than I did.

Back