free website stats program Frogg Toggs Rain Gear? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Frogg Toggs Rain Gear?

The frog togs with reflective seams are only $10.00 more than the standard ones ,I think they are one of the warmest lightest and comfortable rain gear I have worn, but I will say it again On a harley you have to glue something on the right leg where you come near the pipes. I use old ironing board cover:D

Depends how much you plan to get caught out in the rain of even ride in it cause you want to ride. The ones made for motorcycles are light weight and pack up real well.
They are still strong and hold up you pay for the quality and light weight. I like the HD ones but should be bought when on sale.
Some of the normal rain suits you buy for work are OK if you do not use them a lot and sell for 40 dollars, a bit bulky but work well. For a rain suit I like to see Britte colors and reflective tape. If your wearing it others on the road have reduce vision you are the last thing they are looking for... be seen.
Also consider boot condoms they are slip overs for you boots they are low cost and work great. IMO the ones with an open bottom are best the ones with soles on them slip to much.
Rain gear is a live and learn thing get wet decide what works best for you. Rain on a touring bike is a lot different than a softail. I can ride in a light rain and stya dry some sometimes.
And when you need it the rain gear will be at home :)

The frog togs with reflective seams are only $10.00 more than the standard ones ,I think they are one of the warmest lightest and comfortable rain gear I have worn, but I will say it again On a harley you have to glue something on the right leg where you come near the pipes. I use old ironing board cover:D

I think Smitty & Steve say a lot. I bought my rainsuit from J&P. Ordered at a rally for 10% discount and free shipping. J 2-Piece Top Quality Rain Suit

Suit works great but is bulky when you try storing it on the bike. Found out quickly I need boot protection so I got the frog toggs that cover the boots. They work great as well. Just gotta watch the heat from the exhaust.

I have checked these out several times and had them in hand but put them back.
Myself and a few friends were riding through the Ocala Forest last year on the way home from St Augustine and saw the rain ahead we pulled over thinking it would pass but no it was one of those heavy downpours.
We did not have those Toggs but believe me I went out and purchased a set the next day I will be ready for the next time I get caught!

I've been running Frogg Toggs for a few years now....have the reflective piped ones. Rode a couple hundred miles in the rain and storms comin' back to Arkansas from Illinois last year...they not only kept me dry, but beat the chill away too without smotherin' me! Naturally, after all THAT...I tagged them on the pipes as I parked the bike here at home. D'OH! LOL They DO have a heat-resistant patch with the adhesive now by FroggToggs to put on the muffler leg...got mine all patched up and ready for the season a few weeks ago. Think the kit runs about six bucks....but heck yeah...if you have an old ironing board cover, that'll work great too!! :s
HRW

I've used Frogg Toggs for about 5 years now. Never failed me, and on a warm day, you don't get overheated like you would with typical raingear. I use rain gators over my boots, and all is well. One thing.....you might want to pack a small towel that you can roll and put around the back of your neck (inside the Frogg's collar.) The collar on mine isn't snug around my neck, so I was getting some runs/drips/errors down my back coming off my helmet. It does have a hood that zips inside the collar, but I don't use it.

OK you guys have convinced me to try Frogg Toggs. I got caught the other day in a rain storm and it was cold......... My question is, should I go with a larger size to fit over my leather jacket or are they made bigger to fit over?

Yea, I went with the Frogg Togs; had used the HD Rainsuit, but was hot and the suit is a little bulky. I picked up the Frogg Togs for $49.95 and luv 'em; lightweight, keeps me bone dry without sweating.

I bought the Frogg Toggs and they work great! It hasn't rained on me since I put 'em in my bags. They have a powerful MOJO effect. :D

I have Fieldsheer Rain gear packed in my bags, since 1993 listed for $69 back then (but got them for $39 at Laguna Seca and they are still just fine. Since they are no longer available, but the Frogg Toggs are very similar in design, and certainly worth the price of admission at $49. Just don't forget the boot covers or use Totes to keep the feet dry. :57:

BTW...does anyone remember the nylon handlebar covers called "Hippo Hands"? I used them on my metrics when slogging in the rain...they worked great and kept your hands nice and toasty...just three velcro straps each side and slip your hands inside...yes you have to know how to ride your bike without looking at the controls. I think I lost them when I sent my "Blade" ('93 Katana) to Phoenix... :(

I use Frogg Toggs and love them. They are very lite and break the wind real well. I also use them fishing and I have fished in some heavy rain and kept
me very dry. You won't be disappointed with the toggs.
Roger

Back