free website stats program Primary sprocket distance | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary sprocket distance

pasquale

Hallo I'm new here so excuse me for mistake.
Does anybody know which is the front sprocket and the clutch basket nominal span for a dyna model hd. Would be appreciated

Hallo I'm new here so excuse me for mistake.
Does anybody know which is the front sprocket and the clutch basket nominal span for a dyna model hd. Would be appreciated
Not sure I understand the question; perhaps a photo? The distance/span between the motor sprocket and the clutch basket is fixed by the crank and the mainshaft.

I see the picture which is the distance between the motor sprocket and mainshaft as I pointed out in my previous but I will play along. Why not measure the marked distance and answer your question?

Not sure I understand the question; perhaps a photo? The distance/span between the motor sprocket and the clutch basket is fixed by the crank and the mainshaft.

I see the picture which is the distance between the motor sprocket and mainshaft as I pointed out in my previous but I will play along. Why not measure the marked distance and answer your question?
Don, I think he is asking what is the "normal span" not the exact measurement.

Jeff, the "normal span" is fixed by two solid points, the crank and the mainshaft. I don't understand the difference between the normal span and the distance from one fixed point to another; it doesn't change. I guess I am missing something.

Jeff, the "normal span" is fixed by two solid points, the crank and the mainshaft. I don't understand the difference between the normal span and the distance from one fixed point to another; it doesn't change. I guess I am missing something.
I don't either, I was just parcing his words. "normal span" would mean to me there is some movement but there is not. Hopefully the op can be more clearer to what he means.

I don't either, I was just parcing his words. "normal span" would mean to me there is some movement but there is not. Hopefully the op can be more clearer to what he means.
I doubt we will be hearing from the OP after reading our last two posts. ;)

Back